1. INFORMATION COLLECTED campaign.consumer.huawei.com/sp/my/ collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our website.
We collect information about you when you:
- Visit the website
- Register on the website
- Share any content on the website
We may supplement the information we collect about you with information we receive from other external agencies. This allows us to assess the accuracy of the information we hold about you in order to send you relevant offers and information.
We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
2. COOKIES To ensure that our websites function properly, we sometimes store small data files known as cookies on computers or mobile devices. A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a web server. Only the server that creates the cookie can retrieve or read the cookie's contents. Each cookie is unique to your web browser or mobile application. Cookies usually contain an identifier, the site name and some numbers and characters. Cookies allow websites to store data, such as your user preferences or the contents of your shopping basket.
For more information on the use of your cookies please find out more in our cookies policy page in the link below
3. PIXEL TAGS In addition to cookies, we also use other similar technologies such as pixel tags on our websites. For example, when you receive an email from us, it may contain a click-through URL which links to content on our website. If you click the link, the click-through is tracked by us to help us learn about your product and service preferences and improve our customer service. The inclusion of pixel tags in emails allows us to know if our emails have been opened. If you do not want your activities to be tracked in such a way, you may unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time.
4. DO NOT TRACK Many web browsers have a Do Not Track feature, which issues Do Not Track requests to websites. Currently, the main Internet standards organization has no policy governing how websites should behave when they receive such requests. However, all Huawei websites do respect the Do Not Track option if it is enabled in your browser
5. SECURITY AND ACCURACY OF INFORMATION campaign.consumer.huawei.com/sp/my/ has endeavoured to take all reasonable measures to prevent and minimize risks of unauthorized access to, improper use and the inaccuracy of your information. You shall ensure that all personal details provided to campaign.consumer.huawei.com/sp/my/ are accurate at the point of submission and that xxxxxxx.com is kept abreast and updated of any change in your personal details. If for any reason you believe that your personal information lodged with Huawei Malaysia either through this website or otherwise is inaccurate or if you would like to amend and reconfirm your personal information or you would like to access to your information, you may do so by clicking into ‘Profile’.
6. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA campaign.consumer.huawei.com/sp/my/ will use your information to provide and personalize its service wherein, it will be used for the following purpose:
- Manage and improve the website;
- Administer and operate your account;
- Tell you important changes to the websit and our services;
- Manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires;
- Check and verify your identity.
The purposes here are not intended to be exhaustive and Huawei shall exercise its discretion it deems fit in the use of your personal data in accordance to law. Huawei may use your information to send you offers and news about Huawei products and services which it thinks may be of interest to you of which you may contacted by post, email, telephone or fax for these purposes.
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
7. MARKETING RESEARCH Unless you indicate otherwise, we may contact you:
- with offers and information about Huawei’s products or services
- with offers and information about partners' products or services
- for customer research, e.g. to help improve our services
- Check and verify your identity.
Should you choose to opt out from receiving any marketing and promotional information, please contact our Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. DATA RETENTION Huawei will keep any personal data you provide us as long as there is a reason to do so, for instance to satisfy the law or regulations, or to protect Huawei interests. If not, then we will destroy it by purging it from our electronic, manual, and other filing systems according to our internal procedures and policies.
Your information may also be transferred to our Headquarter, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd, Shenzhen, China and to any of its offshore affiliates or group of companies for the purpose of facilitating and supporting Huawei Regional offices based on the similar purpose stated under section 3 above. Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside Malaysia we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken.
9. MODIFICATION OF THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY Huawei reserves the right to amend this Policy any time without prior notice. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Policy. Continued use of the website shall constitute your consent to such changes.
10. CONTACTING US If you have any queries with regards to this Policy, please contact our Customer Services at email@example.com